Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Fellow Freecyclers,

Very rarely do I post WANTEDs. It's usually something that I cannot afford for a while but could really put to use if acquired immediately or something that I don't really need but would gladly have if it was available. This way, if I don't get it, it's really not that big of a deal.

I understand that there are pseudo-hoarders who use the Freecycle list to feed their addiction. They post OFFERs often, to make it appear like they are giving things away but, in honesty, they aren't choosing anyone who responds. Then they post WANTEDs. Let me say, I understand this much and generally have accepted it. Hoarding is a manifestation of a legitimate psychological condition. They're going to be at garage sales, poking through curb piles, and posting on Freecycle lists. That's just how it goes.

But I'm really annoyed. It really, really annoys me. I mean I absolutely hate it. When one of these people constantly posts a WANTED for an item that was just posted as wanted by another Freecycler. It's as if the other person reminded that hoarder that they would also like whatever that is. So they just post their WANTED for the same exact damn thing just moments after the original post went out to the group.

It pisses me off because then it becomes a competition and the hoarder's inherent selfishness bubbles to the surface.

It's ugly.

Just ugly.

Don't do it.

As Always,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment